Photo shows Francisco “Pancho” Villa (at the “X”), Calixto Contreras (4th from left) and Fidel Avila (3rd from right), at Hacienda de Bustillos, Chihuahua (1911).
|Historical Event:||New Mexico Role in WW I Era (1916-1919)|
|Sub Event:||Pancho Villa Invades NM|
|Origin:||George Grantham Bain Collection, Library of Congress|
|Author:||Bain News Service|
- Mexican War 1914: Large Group of Federal Prisoners
- Hand Carving up a map of Southwestern United States
- The Pershing "Punitive" Expedition
- Pershing's Camp
- General Pershing at Camp
- General Pershing
- Zimmermann Telegram
- General Francisco (Pancho) Villa on Horseback
- Almost Escapes on Villa's Horse
- Pancho Villa - Uncle Sam Berryman Cartoon
An educational resource for New Mexico high school history programs.