Digging a ditch to catch the water from the melting snow. The aridity of this land and complete absence of water supply make such efforts necessary. Taos land use project, New Mexico. This photo was taken in 1936 as part of the Farm Security Administration/Office of War Information Collection at the Library of Congress.
|Sub Event:||Acequias at Statehood|
|Origin:||Farm Security Administration Collection, Library of Congress|
- Main Irrigation Canal, Bosque Farms
- El Cerrito - Aerial View
- Truchas Molino - Rodenzo
- La Bajada Community Acequia
- First Carey Act Project Approved by Interior Secretary
- Water for 4,000,000 Acres
- ARTICLE XVI, Irrigation and Water Rights
- Protection of Community Acequias
An educational resource for New Mexico high school history programs.