This photo is of the Second New Mexico Governor’s Mansion in 1943. This mansion was used from 1870 until the new Governor’s mansion was built in 1954. The first mansion was located at what is now the Palace of the Governors.
The photo was taken by John Collier Jr. and is part of the Farm Security Administration Collection at the Library of Congress.
|Historical Event:||Parks and Monuments|
|Sub Event:||Historic Site Preservation|
|Origin:||Farm Security Administration - Office of War Information Photograph Collection, Library of Congress|
|Date:||February 1, 1943|
|Author:||John Collier Jr.|
- Alvarado Hotel
- Establishment of Ft. Bayard as Historic Landmark
- Fort Bayard Medical Hospital
- A New Cavalry Drill in the United States Army - Fort Bayard, NM
- Fort Bayard - Panoramic Photograph
- Native Art on adobe wall, Taos County
- Kit Carson House, Taos, NM
- KiMo Theater Entrance 1980
- Kimo Theater 1980
- Kimo Theater 1943
- Oldest Church in the United States, Santa Fe, N.M.
- Interior of Oldest Church in United States, Santa Fe, N.M.
- Santa Fe Plaza
- Bottomless Lakes To Be Made State Park With Federal Help
An educational resource for New Mexico high school history programs.