This is a photograph of the Santa Fe Plaza in 1943. This photo was taken by John Collier Jr.
In 1941 to 1943, Collier worked as a photographer with the Farm Security Administration and the Office of War Information under Roy Stryker and documented many areas around the eastern U.S and northern New Mexico.
This photo is part of the Farm Security Administration and Office of War Information Collections at the Library of Congress.
|Historical Event:||Parks and Monuments|
|Sub Event:||Historic Site Preservation|
|Origin:||Farm Security Administration - Office of War Information Photograph Collection, Library of Congress|
|Date:||February 1, 1943|
|Author:||John Collier Jr.|
- Alvarado Hotel
- Establishment of Ft. Bayard as Historic Landmark
- Fort Bayard Medical Hospital
- A New Cavalry Drill in the United States Army - Fort Bayard, NM
- Fort Bayard - Panoramic Photograph
- Native Art on adobe wall, Taos County
- Kit Carson House, Taos, NM
- KiMo Theater Entrance 1980
- Kimo Theater 1980
- Kimo Theater 1943
- Oldest Church in the United States, Santa Fe, N.M.
- Interior of Oldest Church in United States, Santa Fe, N.M.
- Second New Mexico Governor's Mansion
- Bottomless Lakes To Be Made State Park With Federal Help
An educational resource for New Mexico high school history programs.